Before I post the last installment of Turkey and Greece 2012 and move on to our giveaway, I thought I'd leave you with an easy and, more importantly, delicious Turkish recipe from my Sister in Law.
Driving back to Gundogan from Gumusluk we stopped at a tiny bakery for a snack...HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH!! It is called Poaca (pronounced po-ah-cha). It is best served room temperature with tea!
This recipe calls for Nigella Seeds. If you've never used them they look like black sesame seeds but they are not. They have a very distinct taste and in my opinion those and the dill make this recipe so special.
Poaca - Dill and Feta Snacks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Finely chop 1 bunch dill (I used a food processor)
- Mix all ingredients together except egg yoke and Nigella seeds.
- Form dough into small balls and push balls to flatten in your hand.
- Fill with roughly a tsp. size of Feta cheese.
- Place formed Poagca on a lined baking sheet.
- Wash each with the egg yoke and sprinkle with Nigella seeds.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.