It's been a big food week around here at our house. This week the husband made his pickles (it's own post I'll save for later) and I have been a baking fiend because it's the birthday season (Dad, Husband and Brother in Law) not to mention it's our Anniversary today!
My husband loves those Mother's Brand Oatmeal Cookies. But I don't love it when he eats them because they are full of preservatives that he really doesn't need. Also, the un-frosted ones are difficult to find.
So I made some for him from scratch today and they are off the charts! They are raisin free (not everyone loves raisins) and great with coffee or tea.
I adapted the recipe from Smitten Kitchen for my taste buds. The recipe she uses and adapted from "Good to the Grain" cookbook, uses icing which I omitted. The measurements are funny because everything in "Good to the Grain" is in grams.
Raisin Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Round into balls that equal 2 Tbs. or use a cookie scoop (she uses a #40 scoop).
- Bake at 350 for about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to cool on a wire rack.