Last Saturday we went to a sweet, romantic little wedding at which the couple provided favors of Lavender Jelly to the guests as a thank you. It was delicious.
It seemed only obvious that with lavender (the color) swirling around that these two - one herby, one fruity, might go together very well in a great base recipe I originally created for Sultana Scones.
Blackberry Lavender Scones
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl sift together: flour, lavender buds, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter (shown above) and add to flour mixture combining using clean hands until dry ingredients with butter resembles oatmeal.
- Add black berries and stir gently with spoon.
- In separate bowl, beat together, egg, sour cream and milk
- Mix/fold in wet ingredients being careful not to pulverize the berries too much.
- Put dough onto well floured surface and cut into circles using the opening of a water glass.
- Put round cut out scones on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Makes 8-10 scones depending on size of cut outs.
- Bake at 400 for roughly 20 minutes.