Here it is!
As you all know by now, I am addicted to Cookie Chips! I absolutely love them, so much so that I wrote the company and brazenly asked for a job (no one can say I don't have Chutzpah!). Alas, Joanne (the owner and CEO!!!!!) called me and said she would give a personal reference to her food broker who sells the Cookie Chips for Hannah Max Baking Company. As of now, you can get Cookie Chips at Safeway. If you have not tried the Cookie Chips yet, I highly recommend this recipe to get started or just go get a bag and take them on a picnic. I assure you they won't last the afternoon!
I made a Lemon Bread Pudding with the Original Cookie Chips and have now created this magnificent, ridiculous, character of delish which I call "Salted Peanut Butter Cocoa Torte." It sounds fancy and looks lovely and sophisticated but is very easy to make. Trust me, it's going to knock people's socks off!
Salted Peanut Butter Cocoa Torte
By: Gwen Akacin
1 3/4 Cup Graham Cracker crumbs
1/2 Cup Organic butter (melted)
1/4 Cup bakers sugar
1 1/2 Cups Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, Separated
1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup Organic Milk
2 Cups all natural Peanut Butter
3 Envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 Can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 Cups Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Bag Sea Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Chips
1. Pre heat oven to 350.
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in bowl. Shape the crust into the pan using the bottom of a cup. See that it's as even as possible.
3. Bake crust for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
4. Beat 3/4 cup whipping cream with a mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar until peaks are stiff.
5. In a medium sauce pan at medium low heat, combine milk, the remaining 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream, peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk until liquid in consistency and fully combined.
6. Add gelatin to peanut butter and whisk constantly until dissolved.
7. Fold peanut butter mixture into whipped cream until smooth.
8. Pour filling into crust and refrigerate until set about 1 hour.
9. In a mixer, combine whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and cocoa. Beat until stiff.
10. Top cooled, set pie with cocoa whipped cream "frosting."
11. Crush whole bag Sea Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Chips with a rolling pin and sprinkle evenly on top of pie.