I don't know about you, but I love soup on a cold winter's eve. And paired with a grilled cheese sandwich...a feast!
Every great soup needs a great stock. More often than not, I use a chicken broth base for all kinds of soup. Today I'll share the broth recipe which you can use in this hearty lentil soup recipe...
Home Made Chicken Stock
- Put all ingredients in large soup pot
- Cover all ingredients with water
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes
- Reduce heat and simmer until all veggies are tender to the fork (another 40 minutes)
- Strain through a fine sieve or cheese cloth
- Store in 16 oz containers until ready to use for soup or for a day when you aren't feeling well.
|Just before lowering heat to a simmer.|
|The leftovers after straining.|
|The star of the show. Finished stock.|